Nevada Week | Question 3: The Future of Energy in Nevada
EASON 1: EPISODE 5 | Aired: 08/07/2018
Nevada Question 3: The Energy Choice Initiative is a complicated Nevada constitutional amendment on the ballot in November. In this episode, we discuss the public’s questions and concerns, including the cost to consumers, alternative energy options, quality control and other possible effects on the future of energy in Nevada.
Covering all sides of the issue are guests Jon Wellinghoff, the former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; Meredith Levine, Director of Economic Policy for the Kenny Guinn Center for Policy Priorities and author of “Question 3: The Energy Choice Initiative Voter Information Guide;” and Chris Brooks, Assemblyman for District 10.
Watch on Vegas PBS Channel 10
Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m.
Support Your Favorite Shows
- Ballotpedia: Nevada Question 3
- Initiative Petition - Constitutional Amendment: Renewable Energy Promotion Initiative
- Guinn Center: Restructuring the Electricity Market in Nevada? Possibilities, Prospects, and Pitfalls, Facebook, Twitter
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Nevada Public Utilities Commission
- U.S. Energy Information Administration: Nevada State Profile and Energy Estimates
- Nevada Governor’s Office of Energy
- Governor Sandoval Announces Committee on Energy Choice Membership
- KNPR’s State of Nevada: Is Energy Restructuring A Good Thing for Nevada?
- Reno Gazette Journal: What does Question 3, energy deregulation mean for Nevada?, By Jason Hidalgo
- Yes on 3
- No on 3
- Nevada Independent (Opinion): Question 3: The Best Choice for Nevada’s Energy Future, By Jon Wellinghoff
- Nevada Independent (Opinion): Question 3: A Bag and Risky Path for Nevada’s Energy Future, By Michael Yackira