Vegas PBS to Host 2014 SBA Nevada Small Business Awards
(Las Vegas) – Vegas PBS is getting ready to honor Nevada’s most outstanding businesses at the 2014 SBA Nevada Small Business Awards. Vegas PBS will host the awards for the third consecutive year. The event will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 22, 2014 at the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino, 4000 W. Flamingo Road.
In partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration, the ceremony will highlight the achievements and accomplishments of small business owners, honoring those who have excelled in their respective industries, as well as those who have championed the cause of small business development in Nevada. The event will also recognize the top SBA lenders from 2013.
The 2014 award categories and winners are as follows:
- Nevada Small Business Person(s) of the Year: Jarrod Lopiccolo, Season Lopiccolo and Michael Thomas, owners/partners of Noble Studios
- Minority Owned Business of the Year: Joyce Dawson, President, Sonitrol of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas
- Women Owned Business of the Year: Donna Miller, CEO, Life Guard International – Flying ICU, Las Vegas
- Family Owned Business of the Year: Dr. Troy and Lisa Aland, Aland Family Dentistry, Reno
- Veteran Owned Business of the Year:Wilbur Lasane, Jr., President, Spit Shine, Las Vegas
- Rural Business of the Year: Mark and Margaret Jackson, Owners, The Sierra Kombucha Company, Minden
- Microenterprise Business of the Year:David Briggs and Nick Spriggs, Owners, 3DFC, Las Vegas
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: John Moran, Director, Entrepreneurs Assembly, Reno
Tickets are $55 per person and $500 per table of 10. For tickets or more information on the event, please contact the Vegas PBS Workforce Department at 702-799-1010 or Workforce@VegasPBS.org. For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Bruce Spotleson at 702-799-1010 ext. 5332 or BSpotleson@VegasPBS.org.
About Vegas PBS
Dedicated to enriching the lives of those who call Southern Nevada home, Vegas PBS Channel 10 is one of America’s most watched PBS stations on a per capita basis. Five additional channels are available over the air or on cable and satellite including Create, Vme, Worldview, Rewind and Jackpot!
Vegas PBS expands its television broadcast impact through supplemental materials on Vegas PBS.org, PBS.org, PBSKids.org, PBSParents.org, PBSTeachers.org and NextAvenue.org. Vegas PBS also offers extensive online distance education for workforce development and economic diversification through Global Online Advanced Learning (GOAL).
Vegas PBS provides K-12 educational resources to teachers and students in public, private, charter and home schools including TeacherLine professional development courses; One Place, a curriculum-correlated online media service; the Described and Captioned Media Center (DCMC) containing materials for deaf, hard of hearing, blind and vision impaired individuals and those who assist them; and Ready To Learn literacy and health community workshops based on curriculum materials in daytime children’s programs.